Your wedding day is one of the biggest and most exciting milestones in life, and what better way to make it unforgettable than by personalising every detail with your own unique style? In India, where weddings are a grand affair celebrated with much pomp and show, there are countless ways to add an extra touch of personality to your special day. From customized attire to personalised decor, let’s explore some fashionable ideas that will ensure your wedding stands out as the most memorable event of your lifetime.
The Different Types of Indian Weddings
India is a land of festivals and weddings. India has numerous religions, cultures, and regions, each with their own unique customs and traditions. While the basics of an Indian wedding remain the same—a sacred ceremony uniting two souls—there are many different ways to personalise your wedding in a fashionable way. Additionally, now we are lucky to be surrounded by some of the best weddings decorators in Delhi or Mumbai or any metropolitan city who can make this process seamless for us.
- One of the most popular ways to personalise your wedding is to have a Destination Wedding. A Destination Wedding is when you choose to have your wedding away from your home city, in a location that is special or significant to you as a couple. This could be anywhere in the world, but some of the most popular destinations for Indian Destination Weddings are Thailand, Bali, Mauritius, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives.
- Another way to personalise your wedding is by having a theme. A theme can be anything that you as a couple are passionate about or that represents your relationship well. Some popular themes for Indian weddings are travel, Bollywood, nature, fairy tales, and Royalty.
- If you’re looking for something truly unique, you can also create your own customised vows or write your own love story to be read during the ceremony. This is a beautiful way to personalise your wedding and make it even more special for you and your partner.
No matter how you choose to personalise your wedding in India, there are endless possibilities to make it a day (or week!) that you’ll never forget
Wedding Attire: When it comes to wedding attire, Indian brides and grooms often opt for traditional clothing. However, there are many ways to personalise your wedding in a fashionable way. For brides, one option is to wear a saree in a non-traditional colour. Another is to ditch the heavy jewelry in favour of something more understated. Grooms can also choose to wear something other than the traditional sherwani, such as a suit or kurta pajama.
If you want your wedding to have a more modern feel, you can ask your guests to dress in contemporary Indian attire. This could include an Anarkali dress for women or a Nehru jacket for men.
- Wedding Décor: Wedding decor in India is all about creating a visually stunning and memorable setting for your big day. From the opulent to the understated, there is an Indian wedding decor style to suit every taste and budget.
One of the most popular wedding decor trends in India is to personalise the space with family photos, heirlooms, and other sentimental touches. This adds a lovely personal touch to your wedding decor and also helps to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests.
Another popular trend is to use traditional Indian motifs and patterns in your wedding decor. This can be achieved by using colourful fabrics or hand-painted signs on the wall.
Of course, no Indian wedding would be complete without some beautiful flowers! Floral arches, garlands, and centerpieces are all popular ways to add a touch of elegance to your decor. Why not try incorporating some native Indian flowers into your arrangements for a truly original look?
- Indian Wedding Traditions: When it comes to Indian weddings, there are a variety of traditions that can be incorporated into the big day. From the food that is served, to the way the bride and groom dress, to the ceremonies that take place, there are countless ways to personalise your wedding in a fashionable way.
For starters, one of the most important aspects of an Indian wedding is the food. At most weddings, a variety of traditional Indian dishes are served. However, if you want to put your own spin on things, you can opt for a more modern menu. For example, you could serve fusion cuisine that combines traditional Indian flavours with contemporary dishes.
Another way to personalise your wedding is by incorporating your own unique style into the festivities. If you’re a fashion-savvy bride or groom, why not choose stylish outfits that reflect your taste? You can also add personal touches to your décor, such as using colourful fabrics and patterns that reflect your culture and heritage.
Personalising your wedding with contemporary and stylish touches is a great way to make the big day even more special. From choosing an unconventional yet fashionable colour palette to adding meaningful personalised details, there are plenty of creative ways to add personality and flair to your wedding celebration in India. With careful planning and consideration, you can create an unforgettable experience that will be cherished by both you and your guests for years to come.